I was surfing one of my favourite websites, Raptitude.com. It is a blog about life and happiness, general things that we face everyday. In a recent post I was reminded that “life unfolds only in moments”.
- That means life’s only challenge is dealing with the single moment you are having right now.
- Anyone can summon the resolve to deal with a single, present moment.
- Nobody can deal with the past or future, because, both only exist as thoughts, in the present.
And it inspired me. Sure it’s safe to be pragmatic and think about the future. But I’m frankly quite sick of worrying about the future. I’m ready to live in the present by thinking less and doing more. And so I put together a list of things I’d really like to do.
- Read two volumes of LKY’s memoirs. In Chinese.
- Learn how to play the saxophone.
- Design a dress and get it tailored
- Learn tennis
- Start working out <<< this is going to be hard
But more immediately I’d like to:
- Reread Deathly Hallows before the movie
- Finish reading Mansfield Park
- Umm study
- Watch all the TV I want
I guess these are the things I really want to do right now, and I don’t want to think about the consequences or any impact they might cause later on.